Join us on Thursday 11 March 2021 from 16:00 to 17:30 CET for a webinar organised by the Association of Medical Device Reprocessors (AMDR) with Fraunhofer-Institute UMSICHT as keynote speaker.
Hospitals are not yet fully engaging in the potential of the circular economy. New evidence identifies a solution – which EU member states can readily adopt.
Please join the webinar, “Promoting a Circular and Affordable Health Care System in Europe” to gain insights about new evidence that shows how greenhouse gas emissions from hospitals could quickly, easily, and efficiently be reduced. The panel provides a great opportunity to recognize the urgent need for the health sector to join the circular economy movement and discuss evidence-based solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including the use of remanufactured medical devices.
- Dorota Napierska Chemicals Policy & Projects Officer Health Care Without Harm Europe: Opening Statement;
- Paola Migliorini Deputy Head of Unit DG ENV the European Commission: New Circular Economy Action Plan – Towards a Sustainable Product Policy Framework;
- Sirpa Pietikäinen Member of the European Parliament EPP Group: Reflecting on the European Parliament Report on the New Circular Economy Action Plan;
- Tjisse Stelpstra Regional Minister Province Drenthe the Netherlands and Member of the European Committee of the Regions: The Role of Local and Regional Authorities in the Transition for a Cleaner and More Competitive Europe;
- Anna Schulte Fraunhofer-Institute UMSICHT: Presenting the Report entitled: “Life Cycle Assessment and Circularity Assessment to Analyse Environmental Impacts of the Medical Remanufacturing of Electrophysiology Catheters” of which she is the principal author;
- Erik Hansson Deputy Head of Unit DG SANTE the European Commission: Requirements of Reprocessing under the Medical Device Regulation;
- Alan Wain COO Supply Chain Coordination NHS: Net Carbon Zero Initiative.
Please note that the link to access the webinar will be provided by email to the registered attendees a few days before the event.
Register for the virtual event HERE.